Help us reach our goal of $6,000 for need-based scholarships by making a donation of any amount, and we could be eligible for grants up to $100,000!
The Hochstein School's mission of 99 years is to provide people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities with access to excellent music and dance education in a community that nurtures and encourages personal achievement. In order to welcome all who are interested, Hochstein offers need-based scholarships to any student with demonstrated financial need.
About 1,600 of our students of all ages receive some level of this financial support. During the 2017-2018 school year, Hochstein awarded $312,266 in need-based assistance to almost half of its students – a 14% increase from previous years.
Hochstein has offered financial assistance in order to make our programs equally accessible to all of our Rochester community for nearly 100 years. Your donation at any level, starting with $10 - less than a monthly Netflix subscription - can make the difference in achieving Hochstein's goal of raising $6,000.
Our $6,000 goal represents need-based scholarships for at least 33 students pursuing arts education or arts therapies. These students are...
· singing together in group Expressive Arts therapy sessions;
· joining in Hochstein's summer session for tuition-free summer camp or individual instruction, thanks to a partnership with music teachers of the Rochester City School District;
· preparing for kindergarten through Making Music, Making Strides Early Childhood Music classes, a partnership with the YMCA Child Care Centers;
· learning and refining instrument technique at any age in individual lessons;
· or achieving personalized health and skill-building goals in individual Expressive Arts therapy sessions.
Your support helps our school thrive: from young children in our dance program to adults studying songwriting, from our youth Orchestra and Choral programs to our Art Therapy sessions for special needs students of all ages.
Visit https://hochstein.org/Support/Help-Hochstein-Thrive to learn more. Thank you for donating, spreading the word, and helping Hochstein thrive!