THE STORY: Break the cycle of slavery! On May 6th, 2018, 32,000 cyclists from all over the globe will come together to ride 40 miles on New York City streets, over the bridges, across the avenues, and throughout the 5 boroughs. For one day, the streets of New York are for bikes only. No cars—the road is yours. The TD 5 Boro Bike Ride is the world’s largest charitable bike ride, benefiting organizations like ECPAT-USA. ECPAT-USA was selected once again to be a charity partner and we are organizing a team of riders to join us in the fight against trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. Your participation will help ensure that no child is bought, sold, or used for sex.
Join our team of ECPAT Athletes and ride for freedom. Not only is this a chance to ride through NYC in a very rare and special way, you will be helping ECPAT-USA ensure that children are protected from sexual exploitation and trafficking. By joining the team, you enable us to train hotel employees to identify victims of trafficking, pass laws that protect children and punish perpetrators, and empower high school students to become leaders in the movement to end child traffficking.
Your ECPAT-Athlete Team Registration Includes:
- Guaranteed race entry to the TD Five Boro Bike Tour on Sunday, May 6th, 2018
- Team ECPAT-Athlete jersey
- A Charity Rider pass that entitles you to breakfast and lunch
- Starting in the first wave, giving you a much less congested ride
- Personalized Crowdrise fundraising page and tools
- Individual support from ECPAT development staff
- Team happy hour celebration
- Rider Identification Kit (helmet cover, bib, & bike plate)
- Snacks and refreshments at four rest areas
- Access to free bike repair along the route
- Entry to the Finish Festival at Fort Wadsworth
- Additional fundraising incentives for reaching targets
Your ECPAT Athlete Team Commitments Include:
- A commitment to raise $1000
- A commitment to representing the mission of ECPAT-USA.