Update: Due to COVID-19, Grandma's Marathon events have gone virtual! Now it's easier than ever to run or walk for kids who are counting on us.
Every day, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer. One in eight children with a cancer diagnosis won't survive, and 60% who do suffer significant, lifelong side effects.
By joining Team CureSearch, you'll help fund more cures and better treatments so that one day every child diagnosed will not just grow up, but be healthy enough to run a marathon or do whatever it is they dream of!
New for 2020:
All Grandma's races have gone virtual.
Walk or run your miles (and log your time) anytime between May 1 and July 31 to recieve your finisher's swag!
Fundraising deadlines have been extended and our minimum goals have been reduced.
Complete your miles wherever you live, keeping in mind local, state, and federal guidelines.
Increased virtual support and comaraderie.
Complete your miles in one run/walk or over time.
Integrate your Facebook page and your CureSearch Fundraising page for fast and easy fundraising.
All Full Marathon, Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, and William A. Irvin 5K runners must follow the steps outlined below and register for their respective race by Grandma's charity deadline of 11:59 PM on May 1, 2020.
How to Become an Official Charity Runner:
1) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which race you'd like to participate in.
2) Return paperwork to CureSearch and set up your fundraising page.
William A. Irvin 5K runners are required to raise $150 and encouraged to set a goal of $250.
Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon runners are required to raise $250 and encouraged to set a goal of $500.
Grandma's Full Marathon runners are required to raise $250 and encouraged to set a goal of $500.The fundraising deadline for all events is December 31, 2020.
3) Officially register to run using the information provided by CureSearch staff.
4) Run! Let us know how you plan to complete your miles, join virtual activities with us June 20, and submit your results to Grandma's by July 31.
5) Rock your swag! Grandma's will send your finsher swag after the race is completed; CureSearch will send your swag once you've reached your fundraising goal.
NOTE: If you already have a race entry, no need to follow the above steps! Just join the team and start fundraising. We would love to have you join our team!
For questions or more information, contact email@example.com or call (240) 235-2210.
Lace up your running shoes and add meaning to your miles!
To learn more about the real impact CureSearch is making, visit www.curesearch.org/seetheimpact.