When a child is diagnosed with Juvenile Myositis, their young life is turned upside down.
Juvenile Myositis (JM) is a rare and life-threatening disease that causes a child's own immune system to attack healthy tissue and cells. It can cause pain, weakness, inability to walk, disfigurement, organ failure and even lead to death. Juvenile Myositis can affect virtually any system of the body, the heart, lungs, skin, muscles, and more.
And there is no cure and no FDA-approved treatments…YET. But that's where you come in.
Like most rare diseases, Juvenile Myositis research funding comes almost entirely from grassroots efforts like these Holiday Challenge fundraising pages.
All gifts go straight to Cure JM Foundation and will support crucial programs, including:
· Funding research at 20 major institutions
· Supporting drug discovery and development so children will have more and better treatments
· Investing in the identification and understanding of the genes that contribute to JM
· Growing a network of fifteen U.S. chapters focused on expanding research and exceptional JM clinical care at children’s medical centers around the country
· Identifying and supporting the “best and the brightest” of the next generation of doctors and researchers entering the JM field
This holiday season, give children the only gift that matters – hope for a brighter future.
We are forever grateful for you and your support. It means so much to us.
Whatever level of support you can consider, please know that we will put it to work at the earliest possible moment to find better treatments.
We like to say, “A Cure Can’t Wait.” Neither can these kids. Thank you for giving hope this holiday season.