Join us for a 1 mile walk, run, or roll! Participate, fundraise, and promote awareness as a Kentucky CHD community. Join us on Saturday August 7th at 10:30 AM in person at Wendell Moore Park in LaGrange, KY, or participate virtually
Why should you participate?
Each year, nearly 40,000 infants are born with Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) in the United States. CHD is the most common birth defect and the leading cause of birth defect-associated infant illness and death. It impacts individuals across the life-span from infancy throughout adulthood.
We walk, run, and roll to honor and celebrate every individual and family member impacted by CHD.
Proceeds from this year's event will be used to advance our mission by providing necessary funds to continue suporting patients and families in the following ways:
- Providing Conquering CHD Kits. Our kits offer critical information and a personal connection for patients with CHD of all ages through individualized care packages.
- Offering online chat networks bringing people with similar experiences together.
- Hosting in-person and virtual peer support offering patients and families encouragement and insight from someone who has walked a similar path.
- Holding social events providing a safe environment to celebrate life and simple joys together.
- Providing physician education improving understanding of congenital heart disease from the patient and family perspective.
- Funding and advocating research to help make promising developments in CHD treatment and prevention become reality.
- Conducting advocacy activities and sharing our stories to improve federal research funding.
Examples of how your donation will help Kentucky families impacted by CHD:
$25.00 - Comfort items, books, activities, and snacks for CHD patients while undergoing surgery or otherwise hospitalized.
$50.00 - One of our fully packed hospital kits. These kits include include some of the comfort items above, age specific comfort items, resources and info, all packed into our fabulous and helpful Conquering CHD canvas tote bags. These totes serve as much loved "go bags" for families thoughout the CHD lifespan.
$75.00 - Pays for a month of our storage unit to maintain a steady supply of items and resources for families, in addition to items for our support and awareness events.
$150.00 - A one year subscription to Zoom, allowing us to continue providing safe, virtual support meetings for patients and their families. These meetings are a favorite in our community!