Overview and History
Cleveland Time Records is a brand new full-service record company that produces, records, distributes, and promotes records from talented Cleveland area jazz and jazz-related music artists to a worldwide audience. Jazz saxophonist and executive producer Matthew Alec utilizes a network of industry-proven resources in music and media from around the United States to produce extremely high quality and professionally tailored records taking a decidedly ‘artist-first’ approach. In an age of watered-down music driven by declining sales, great art music like jazz desperately needs the community’s support to flourish. With that support, Cleveland Time Records is fully committed to bringing this great art music back to the forefront of music.
iN Education’s Battle of the Teal, a K-12 art program, provides the “platform” to which individuals from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds connect with each other through the arts.
For the last five years, we have partnered with professional and award-winning artists, educational institutions like the Cleveland Institute of Art, and art groups to provide the young people in Ohio with several free services including family art events, mentoring by our seasoned artists, art enrichment forums, and live performances.
Program Benefits of Cleveland Time Records
· Supports Cleveland-area jazz artists by:
- providing them with the resources and tools for promotion
- providing them with tools to create a professional, ‘national’ product
· Helps bring local, regional, and national attention back to jazz music and increase its popularity
· Increases youth jazz education by offering master classes to school music programs and colleges using the label’s artist roster in jazz, improvisation, writing, producing, marketing, and recording
· Increases regional, national, and worldwide attention to the great city of Cleveland
Reaching our goal will fund the FIRST TWO projects from Cleveland Time Records!
A portion of your donation will help support the non-profit organization Battle of the Teal!
Program Benefits of the Battle of the Teal
· Mentoring by award-winning artists
· Portfolio reviews by established artists
· Exhibition and competition opportunities
· Access to art-related forums
· Meeting like-minded peers
· Access to a community of emerging and professional artists
· Access to monthly family-friendly art activities
· Portfolio building assistance
Battle of the Teal has grown their network to include a diverse group of talented visual and performing local artists throughout Northeast Ohio serving as advisory board members, committee members, adjudication panel members and production crew https://battleoftheteal.org/community/
· Donate $50 or more and receive the vinyl LP (as well as the digital download) for Cleveland Time Records’ debut release Cleveland Time and your name or organization will be listed on the Cleveland Time Records website donor page
· Donate $25 or more and receive a free digital download card for Cleveland Time Records’ debut release Cleveland Time (once it is available in February) and your name or organization will be listed on the Cleveland Time Records website donor page
· Donate less than $25 and your name or organization will be listed on the Cleveland Time Records website donor page
YOUR CONTRIBUTION HAS PURPOSE!
Reaching our goal will serve two purposes. For one, you will be contributing directly to the dedicated, hardworking artists who create the beautiful art music of jazz which has a long-standing and rich tradition seeped in American culture. Secondly, you will be contributing to youth art education in the Northeast Ohio area. Your generous donation to these two programs will help them expand their footprints and help them implement their ambitious ideas in the future. The arts in our society and therefore ultimately YOU are the beneficiary of these programs!