CHIP IN FOR YOUR CHAMBER, SPONSORED BY COLLEGIATE PEAKS BANK
Every dollar raised up to $10,000 will be generously matched by Collegiate Peaks Bank
As many of us suffer the impact of COVID-19, the Buena Vista Welcome Center & Chamber of Commerce is also feeling the financial burdens of this epidemic. Collegiate Peaks Bank has generously offered to match up to $10,000 in donations that are made to the Chip in for Your Chamber fundraiser, an effort to help ensure the Buena Vista Welcome Center & Chamber of Commerce are able to keep their doors open for our businesses, community members and visitors. We are asking the community for your support, which we need now more than ever.
WHY SUPPORT THE CHAMBER?
The Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce and Welcome Center has been an integral part of economic development and tourism in Buena Vista since its inception in 1976. With over 325 members throughout Chaffee County, we are a unified voice that represents the best interest of our small, unique business community. Our staff supports commerce through various marketing and communication efforts, as well as networking and community events; including the Fourth of July Parade and Festivities, Gold Rush Days, Christmas Opening and the Chocolate Walk, and monthly Business After Hours networking events. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic the BVCC has continued to show leadership and support for our businesses and community members in the valley, most recently serving in the capacities of:
- Being the go-to provider of the most up to date information and resources related to COVID-19 in our community via our website and social media platforms
- Joining the Chaffee County Economic Recovery Team task force that formed through the EDC and Chaffee County Commissioners
- Partnering with the Salida Chamber of Commerce, SBDC, Salida Business Alliance and Office of Economic Development to sponsor a series of situational Lunch and Learn webinar events
- Working with the Association of Colorado Chambers of Commerce and the Chaffee County Visitors Bureau to begin recovery planning for local businesses
- Helping to coordinate meals for the Supper Support Program, providing local families in need with access to food while simultaneously supporting our local participating restaurants
We also support visitors and community members through the operation of our Welcome Center located on Hwy 24. So as we prepare to re-open Chaffee County to visitors, our promise to you is that we will continue to promote tourism and commerce so our vibrant Town can continue to thrive.
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT
By making a donation to Chip in for Your Chamber today, your contribution will go twice as far. This is thanks to the generous matching gift presented by Collegiate Peaks Bank. The first $10,000 donated to this campaign will be matched dollar for dollar by Collegiate Peaks Bank. Your gift will ensure the Chamber of Commerce and Welcome Center are here to serve the community for years to come!
THANK YOU FROM COLLEGIATE PEAKS BANK
“We are challenging all our local businesses and the community members to donate to this very worthwhile cause, and Collegiate Peaks Bank will match each donation up to a total donation of $10,000 from the bank. We recognize the critical role that the Chamber of Commerce plays in supporting our local businesses and the tourism they drive to Buena Vista through the local events like Fourth of July Parade, Gold Rush Days, OHV Tour and many more. Please join us in helping to ensure our Welcome Center & Chamber continues to serve our local business community for many years to come.” – Jay Smith, President – Buena Vista