The Childspring Pushup Challenge challenges you to do as many push-ups in 1 hour as you can to help raise funds to provide life changing surgeries for the poorest children in the world who desperately need them.
PRIOR TO EVENT
- You can compete individually (easy route) or create a team with you and your friends (more fun). Childspring will help and support you throughout the process.
- Steps for individual contestants:
- Sign up using the Join button above
- Talk it up (see below)
- Steps for creating a team competition
- Create a team and enlist/challenge your friends and/or family
- Make it a bet to see who can do the most pushups and raise the most money individually and as a team/group – It’s all about the fun competition!
- Sign up using the Join button above
- Once you have a team together tell us your team info (include team member names, position, etc.) and we will create a Crowdrise Team Page for you
- Talk it up and tell everyone you know
- Post on social media - Childspring will draft the posts for you but you can be as creative as desired
- Example initial post – Individual
- “Hey everybody! I’m participating in a great event with Childspring International (https://childspringintl.org/) to raise funding to provide surgeries for kids from developing countries. The event is called “Pete’s Pushup Challenge.” I’m planning to set the new record for most pushups completed. Do you think you can beat me? I don’t think so but I’d love the challenge. If you aren’t quite ready for the competition please help support this great cause by sponsoring me. To sign up please go to https://www.crowdrise.com/childspring-pushup-challenge
- Example initial post – Team
- “Hey everybody! My teammates and I are participating in a great event with Childspring International (https://childspringintl.org/) to raise funding to provide surgeries for kids from developing countries. The event is called “Pete’s Pushup Challenge.” We are planning to set the new record for most pushups completed and we are going to kick the (competitor name)’s rear end. Do you think you can beat us? I don’t think so but we’d love the challenge. If you aren’t quite ready for the competition please help support this great cause by sponsoring me. To sign up please go to https://www.crowdrise.com/childspring-pushup-challenge
- Goal is to have it go viral on social media
- Text or email your friends
- Trash Talk on who can do the most pushups
DAY OF EVENT - May 25, 2019
- Three Options
- Get a friend to video record you wherever you are (you don’t have to be present to win!)
- Pick a location of your choice to host the event
- Come to the Imperatori Family Karate Center - Address: 5290 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Share and post on social media
- Keep track of the push-ups each individual did to find out the total amount / cap amount earned.
- Encourage donations on Crowdrise to make it easy on everyone or collect your donations
Encourage donations on Crowdrise to make it easy on everyone or collect your donations
First, go to https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/childspring-pushup-challenge
Next, click DonateSelect the team you are donating to (by first name- Tim Kiss at bottom).
Under Choose a Donation Amount, enter the actual amount of donation in the $________ field.
Next, enter your name that will be shown in the donation scroll
Enter any comments if needed. Not mandatory
Click Hide Amount or Don’t Show My Name if needed
Continue to payment pageEnter first name, last name, email, country, and address
Enter payment information
ABOUT CHILDSPRING INTERNATIONAL
- An opportunity to give back to the community by helping children from developing countries receive life-changing surgeries
- Childspring has served more than 4,112 children from 52 developing countries
- Childspring International has 4 Star Rating from Charity Navigator and a Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar
- For more info go to: https://childspringintl.org/
Who Can Participate? Anyone 18 years or older or anyone under 18 with their parents or guardians release form may participate.
Can We Put Teams Together? Yes, you can put together teams from your work, organization, gym, school or group of friends to work together and do as many push-ups as you can!
What if I Have Prior Commitments? We understand not everyone can be at our gym location at 9 am on Saturday, May 18. Wherever you are on May 18, do as many push-ups as you can and have someone around as a witness and counter for you and record it on your phone to share on social media! We have groups and individuals in different cities around the country doing this! We just ask that you have someone with you to help keep count and certify the number of push-ups that you completed.