Chicago Youth Centers (CYC) is the place where possibility lives for 1,400 Chicago children ages 3-18 and their families. Thanks to our supporters and expert staff, we provide academic enrichment and cultivate social-emotional development for underserved youth throughout the city of Chicago, so they can discover their unique potential and pursue a path toward upward mobility. We work with children when they are most vulnerable: in early childhood, after school, and during the summer. We equalize access to the tools and opportunities that children and families need to succeed in the 21st century.
But we are more than just a program — we are a community and a family. Whether we're teaching the alphabet to our toddlers, showing a middle school student how to engineer their own robot, mentoring a teenager on their post-high school plans, or connecting parents to important resources, we are here for Chicago's children and families.
As the holidays approach, we are grateful for the support of donors like you that has enabled CYC to serve countless children and families for the last 60-plus years. But we can do more.
Here's a snapshot of how your support can make an impact:
· $500 lets students practice their production and entrepreneurial skills by providing cameras, green screens, lighting, and instruction in the new CYC Maker Studio.
· $250 exposes middle school students to new opportunities by sponsoring educational field trips.
· $100 provides safe transportation for CYC kids across the city.
· $75 purchases art supplies for youth to develop creativity, improve their fine motor skills, and boost self-efficacy.
· $50 sponsors one family member to attend CYC’s Parenting with a Purpose class, which teaches positive parenting skills.
Also, show your support with our #UNselfie campaign by using this template!