The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program Alumni Association was organized exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes. The Association is composed of graduates of the Eugene McDermott Scholars Program of the University of Texas at Dallas, a Program that annually selects promising, high-achieving high school seniors and provides them with an education emphasizing intellectual and scientific development, leadership, community service, charitable giving, cultural enrichment, and international study.
Formed as a nonprofit corporation in the State of Texas on March 7, 2012, the Association performs the following specific activities:
- Assist with the Program’s applicant recruitment efforts
- Provide advice and input in the Program’s selection process
- Mentor Eugene McDermott Scholars currently enrolled in the University and recently graduated from the University
- Liaise with the University’s Alumni Association to build community and support for the University
- Raise funds from Association members and members of the greater University and Dallas community
- Provide financial support to the Scholars, the Program, and the University
The Association seeks to build and promote these educational goals by supporting and improving the quality of the Program’s student experience, advising the Program, and contributing to the progress and development of the University and the greater Dallas community.