As many of you know, I've been a volunteer for Summer Search for almost two years now. Summer Search is an incredible non-profit that supports students starting at Sophomore year of high school and follows them through young adulthood to provide access to educational and career resources, in order to help students break through the systemic barriers and enable them to thrive in school, work, and life. Summer Search and its students have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis…
· 51% of students’ families are experiencing loss of income
· 40% of students are experiencing food insecurity issues
· 43% of students are experiencing housing/rent insecurity issues
Since all major events are TBD right now, but everybody loves a good physical challenge, I've decided to build my own. More specifically, I'm recruiting all of you to help build it.
It's simple: The more you give, the harder it gets -- and the more you can help dictate the terms.
Here are the rules:
· For every $100 donated, I run a mile.
· For every $25 YOU donate, you can pick a song I have to listen to during the run
· The person or organization that donates the most can pick what I wear during the run. I'll buy any costume up to $100
Also, if you need even more reason to donate:
The William E. Simon Foundation has generously offered to match, dollar-for-dollar, all new and increased donations to Summer Search New York City, up to $25,000. Make your gift now to double your impact!
Any amount helps! Thank you for donating.