Please help us support our community members in need.
Here at CCABVI – The Chester County Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (also known as Penna Association for the Blind Chester County Branch Inc) we are continuing to offer phone support services and referral to socially isolated community members in need. Many of our clients are low-income seniors struggling with progressively debilitating conditions such as macular degeneration and retinitis pigmentosa.
Like many other 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, we have had to temporarily suspend most outreach activities and furlough staff in efforts to protect our workers and clients against the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). When social distancing measures are lifted, we will be following up with clients and ramping up our regular outreach services including:
· Free Closed Captioning Televisions (CCTVs) and other magnifying equipment
· Authorization for free eye exams and eyeglasses
· Free magnifying glasses
· In-home navigation assessment and recommendations
· Advice for families on appropriate visual aid technologies and support
· Presentations on blindness causes and prevention
· Employment opportunities for Veterans and other area residents who are blind or visually impaired
CCABVI is participating in Giving Tuesday, an initiative to support non-profits who are experiencing financial difficulty due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please take advantage of this opportunity to support our work by donating online.
Thank you for helping us continue to serve the needs of blind and visually impaired residents in Chester County.
Chad Thomas, Executive Director
Tracey Melia, Board President