What we are doing:
We are helping to plant a church in Ann Arbor in February 2020 called Rhiza. Rhiza means "root" and thats why our mission is "Helping people get rooted". The four areas we'll be helping people get rooted in are relationships, faith, community and generosity.
How this church will serve the community:
Every church desires to meet the needs of its community, but often times those desires fall short of action. Rhiza will be a church of ACTION! Although there are a lot of needs in Washtenaw county, Rhiza is going to focus on community outreach in 2 specific areas; foster care and the recovery community.
Why foster care and the recovery community?
We hold a special place in our hearts for those who are ophaned and those who struggle with addiction. Below are some reasons why we feel so passionate about them.
- 70% of kids that "age out" of the foster care system are trafficked
- 20% of kids that age out are instantly homeless
- Children that age out of foster care have a 3% chance of going to college
- For over 20 years we have taken into our home so many with no family or who needed a family
Addicition can be devistating. From drugs and alchohol to gambling, addiction destroys individuals, families and communities. Both of us have members of their families in recovery. Having struggled with addiction myself, I (Tito) know all too well the loneliness, brokeness and shame it brings. I also know the freedom one can receive with a relationship with God and a great community that knows and loves me. I want Rhiza to be a place people struggling with addiction can receive that same freedom.
What will people experience at Rhiza?
- Genuine community
- Authentic relationships
- A safe place for anyone with any beliefs and worldviews to explore who God is
- An active place to serve teh community
- Environments that cultivate spiritual growth
For more information
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org