This year, we are excited to launch our milestone 25th anniversary of Carnegie Mellon University’s Annual Food Drive, sponsored by Staff Council. Here is a statement of reflection on the last 24 years…
“The food drive is an outstanding demonstration of the kindness and generosity that makes our community special. I am so excited to see how much food and funding we can collect this year. Thank you for helping us to reach our goals!”
– Dr. Rodney McClendon, Vice President for Operations and Honorary Chair of the Food Drive
The drive will run from October 29 – November 12 and, as usual, will benefit Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Our goals for this year are ambitious: $25,000 in honor of our 25th, and a minimum of 6,200 lbs. of nonperishables (to match last year’s total). We CAN do it – pun absolutely intended!
Gifts made on this site between October 29 - November 12 go directly to Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, may be tax deductible, and will count toward our $25,000! This will be in addition to what is collected in cash and non-perishable food and household items on campus throughout the drive. And remember - every dollar donated provides 5 meals!
Thank you for participating! Your gift of any size will make a difference!
Please make note of the following special event dates:
· Tuesday, October 30: All-Campus Kick-Off, CUC East-West Walkway, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, November 7: One Day, One Can, in conjunction with the Benefits & Fitness Fair in the Cohon University Center, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Friday, November 9: Snack Bags for Kids in the Cohon University Center, Room 151-Athletics Conference Room, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
· Monday, November 12: Cans Across the Cut, The Cut, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Questions: contact Carole Panno at firstname.lastname@example.org