Did you know that there is a home health care crisis in Palm Beach County, FL?
Many of our community’s elderly and disabled residents are suffering unnecessarily. You might be shocked to learn that:
· In 2015, 6,538 elderly Floridians died while on waiting lists for home health services
· In Palm Beach County alone, more than 8,546 seniors remain on waiting lists for home health care (2010 data)
· Underserved communities (ethnic minorities, LGBT, disabled, Vets, low income) are most affected
· Healthcare bias contributes to poor outcomes for underserved populations
We can do better. Care with Dignity, Inc. is a Section 501(c) (3) non-profit that is working to address this crisis. Care with Dignity, Inc. will:
· Provide quality home health care direct services that empower and assist underserved communities in Palm Beach County
· Increase employment, through educational and training programs that help underserved individuals to enter the home health care industry and advance their careers
· Reduce healthcare bias by developing the competency of caregivers, through sensitivity and cultural diversity training, inclusive of LGBT, disability awareness, ethnic and racial understanding.
· Analyze home health care outcomes that will address significant problems for older adults in underserved communities in Palm Beach County, FL.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Care with Dignity, Inc.
P.O. Box 54
West Palm Beach, FL 33402