At Camillus House, our works never stops...
During this time, unthinkable to most people just recently, ordinary and extraordinary acts are being performed across the country and here at home to save lives and combat the COVID-19 crisis.
While all of us have been impacted by COVID-19, the crisis is especially extreme for the hungry and homeless. Camillus House is working around-the-clock to ensure the health and safety of the men, women and children we serve. Today, as throughout our 60 years of service, we are at the forefront helping our homeless sisters and brothers survive and thrive by continuing to provide the services and support they need during this challenging time.
OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Camillus House has implemented a comprehensive emergency response plan to continue our critical mission while taking extraordinary efforts to keep our clients, staff and the community safe from this deadly virus.
· We continue serving the on-the-street homeless by offering meals, showers and access to other services through our Day Center, in a safe manner.
· We continue providing our clients with case management and clinical services, while following social distancing protocols – a challenge, as you can imagine.
· We are accepting new clients into our programs (after proper screening) because we know they are safer with us than on the streets. As a result, we are at capacity in all our programs.
· Our staff is meeting the increased need for food and other critical services to support the more than 1,100 families and individuals under our care. Meanwhile, we continue sanitizing our facilities 24/7.
· Our specialized Lazarus outreach team is providing medical interventions to the severely mentally ill street homeless, while continuing to provide them with stabilizing medication and clinical services.
· We continue offering educational job training programs with Miami Dade College (now online) to prepare individuals for employment after this crisis ends.
And due to COVID-19 safety measures, all of this is happening without the benefit of our amazing volunteers who provide hundreds of hours of support each week.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
In response to the special needs brought on by COVID-19, a generous benefactor pledged a $100,000 gift to Camillus House but is challenging our loyal supporters to match their commitment. That means the best gift YOU can make to help during this time of coronavirus will be TWICE as valuable!
If you are able, we invite you to please give TODAY!
Want to make an even bigger impact? Share this campaign with your friends and family and help Camillus House raise funds to address the demands of COVID-19.