At Center for All Abilities, we strive to empower those of all abilities to recognize their potential and thrive in society. Our programs are designed to enable those of all abilities to integrate into a community that both accepts and celebrates individual differences. We support individuals of all abilities, including those with autism and other neurodevelopmental and physical challenges, as well as neurotypical individuals and those who present with behavioral or emotional challenges. We believe that everyone can learn and blossom if they are given creative outlets to address their unique needs and strengths. At Center for All Abilities, we envision a community that embraces diversity and celebrates our differences.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our annual CAA Run for the Special Ones has gone virtual! Walk, run, row, bike, dance, jump (a race for everyone!) safely in your neighborhood while practicing social distancing. We’ve gotten creative with the current times, and we’re excited to be able to provide a way for those far and wide to join us in our “CAA Runderful 5K 2020.” Let’s all come together as a community and celebrate our commitment to supporting and celebrating those of all abilities!
Make a difference one step at a time! Every dollar donated to Center for All Abilities empowers individuals of all abilities through enrichment programs to reach their full potential and thrive in the community! Our programs are now running virtually, and we’ve been expanding our virtual platforms in order to accommodate the new challenges those in our programs are facing. We need your support now more than ever!
Families | Children | Strollers | Wheelchairs | Runners | Walkers
All registered participants will be emailed a printable race bib after registering and a Certificate of Completion after finishing the race!
1. Click "Register" in the upper center screen of this fundraising page.
2. Select the number of registration tickets you would like (you will receive a racing bib and completion certificate for each ticket), then click "Continue."
3. Enter your name and email so that we can send you your race bib(s) and completion certificate(s).
4. We hope you'll select the option to fundraise for CAA! You can share the fundraiser by clicking the option "Yes! Create my fundraiser." Then click "Checkout"
5. You will receive an email with your ticket and registration information. You have until October 31 to complete the race!
6. Share your campaign on your favorite social media platforms with the tag #CAArunderful5k2020
Track your run with the Strava App!
1. On your phone or mobile device, visit www.strava.com and click “Get the App”
2. Click “Download on the App Store” or “Get it on Google Play,” then follow prompts to download. Open the app when download has completed
3. Sign up using your email address
4. You’ll be prompted to create your profile. Fill out the provided form
5. Once you click “Submit,” you will see a screen to sign up for a free trial. Click “Skip” – you don’t need a free trial to use the free version of Strava
6. On the next screen, click “Maybe Later” and continue your registration
7. You’ll see the choice to “Sync your contacts” or “Skip for now.” If you’d like to follow others, click “Sync your contacts,” but you can also skip this for now and find them later by manually searching for them
Set your time and location, and begin your race on Strava! Don’t forget to put on your race bib before you start!
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and scroll down to “Units of Measurement.” Click once so that it adjusts to “Kilometers” – this way you’ll know when you’ve completed the 5K!
2. Click the “Record” icon to begin recording your 5K – you have 2 weeks to complete it! Allow location access so that your activities can be tracked, and you’ll be prompted with a screen that allows you to choose from 20-30 different ways of completing the 5K (walking, running, biking, swimming, rowing, skating, hiking, wheelchair, and so many more!)
3. Click “Start,” and the recording begins!
4. If you’d like, take pictures during your race! You’ll have the option to upload these after you finish the activity
5. When you’re done, click the “stop” button. Here, you can name your walk (e.g. “CAA Runderful 5K 2020: Part 1!”), add photos and notes if you’d like, rate how the activity felt, and then save your activity.
6. After saving the activity, you may be prompted again to set up a free trial. Click “I’m not interested.”
7. If you have synced with Facebook, you can share your activity to social media! You can also post your photos separately from Strava if you’d like. Don’t forget to use the tag #CAArunderful5K2020 when you post so we can see them!
8. Keep recording activities over the 2 weeks until you reach your 5K. We’d love you to share your Strava mileage records with us after the race – remember to use the tag #CAArunderful5K2020
9. When you’ve finished the race, let us know! We will send you your Certificate of Completion to celebrate your accomplishment!