21st Century Dads Foundation
21CDF is a 501c3 created to address the issue of father absence, one of the root causes of what ails society.
There are approximately 24 million kids growing up across America without their dads. Children from father-absent homes are more likely to; drop out of school, abuse drugs and alcohol, get involved with crime and become incarcerated, become teen parents, have psychological problems and commit suicide.
There are a number of factors contributing to father absence, including, but not limited to:
- Out-of-Wedlock Births, which have increased from 11% in 1970 to 41% today
- Divorce, which strikes and estimated 1:2 marriages,
- Lack of Paternity Establishment, which is greater than 50% in some communities,
- Incarceration, which is more acute in certain populations,
- Abandonment, which can be both physical and emotional
- Lack of Employment, which results in lack of supporting basic needs
- Death, which occurs prematurely too often among low income families.