Did you know that women in Utah were the FIRST to vote in America 150 years ago? As a group of passionate BYU students, we are proud of this accomplishment. We want to honor the impacts of many women throughout Utah history aswe celebrate that achievement and the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment in 2020.
Alongside Better Days 2020, we are honoring these women by:
- Installing a statue of Dr. Martha Hughes Cannon, the first woman state senator, in National Statuary Hall in Washington D.C.
- Building a monument to Utah women’s history in downtown Salt Lake City
- Educating Utah school children with the first-ever Utah women’s history curriculum
- Hosting events and celebrations throughout the state
- Publishing books about important Utah women
Be a part of this movement by donating today. In this important year of national celebration, help remind Utahns and the nation that Utah has an illustrious legacy that can inspire us for tomorrow. With your help, Utah women can lead the nation in 2020 and beyond.
See the list of rewards for donations on our main campaign page: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/first-to-vote
For more information about Better Days 2020: http://www.betterdays2020.org.
For our Utah women's history curriculum: http://www.utahwomenshistory.org
The story behind our founding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bE5wPP6E0I