The Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Inc. has opened pathways to stability and prosperity for people in need since 1965. Our Child Care Center is in an overcrowded, 51-year-old, converted supermarket never intended to be an educational facility. The building's deteriorating and outdated condition creates obstacles for students achieving their full potential.
Our capital campaign seeks to raise $1 million in private donations, and so far we have raised more than half that. The $1 million in private donations is a key part of a total $9.4 million financing package that includes a combination of loans, equity, tax credits and government grants.
Highlights for the new facility include:
● 30% increase in enrollment to 315 students.
● Well-designed and properly equipped classrooms.
● Expanded space for physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
● Adequate and appropriate bathroom facilites for staff and students.
● Expanded kitchen facilities for preparing fresh, healthy meals and snacks.
● New meeting spaces for teacher-parent conferences.
● Larger indoor play areas for inclement weather.
Your donation has the ability to make a lasting impact in the community by giving children the chance to achieve their full potential!