We at The Offing are dedicated to building the home that our contributors, staff, and readers deserve – a well-curated space where we can each grow and wildly dream. Your generosity over the last three years helped to pay writers and waive submission fees. Your giving also allowed us to give a small stipend to our team for their tireless efforts. You are vital to helping us build this home, and we hope you’ll consider contributing again.
We pay our contributors.
The Offing believes that writers and artists deserve to be compensated for their work. We are working diligently, with your help, to raise the funds to increase our current honoraria amounts and to again offer stipends to our team. We hope to eventually become sustained through a combination of multiple funding sources. This fundraiser and the community support that comes with it is part of a larger plan.
Your donation works hard.
- Your $25 donation pays a published author for one Micro piece or waives the submission fee for 8 potential contributors.
- Your $50 donation pays a published author for their translation.
- Your $60 donation pays a published author for two poems.
- Your $100 donation pays a published author for their longform work (e.g., fiction, essay, or group of poems) or keeps our website running for an entire month.
- Your $200 donation supports the development of a training component for our team.
We also welcome smaller, sustaining donations through our Patreon. Subscribe for perks and editor insights for as low as $5/month!
Build with us!
As we move into a new, different time, creative writing and art must be nurtured and sustained. Your generosity makes that happen. Help us build this home.