Join me in participating in BLOOM in CLE
Bloom Bakery, a Towards Employment social enterprise, is a place where bread and people bloom.
Towards Employment is a Cleveland non-profit that connects people to careers.
Bloom Bakery’s signature sourdough loaf takes three days to make. The painstaking process requires patience, skill and attention to detail. The reward at the end is the bloom—the beautiful crust of a well-baked loaf. (Want to know more about the art of making sourdough? See how our head baker describes the process.)
Bloom Bakery does more than just make great bread. It offers people who’ve faced barriers to employment the chance to flourish. And just as making sourdough takes time, care and dedication to get to the end result—that coveted bloom—employees devote significant time to building their pathway to success.
- Step 1 begins at Towards Employment. Students work with TE staff to prepare for a career in culinary arts, taking job-readiness workshops and building initial stability (food, housing and transportation) needed to maintain a job.
- Step 2 is the Bloom Apprenticeship. Students are employed by Bloom and work to build skills and gain a certificate for a strong resume.
- Step 3 is advancing along a career pathway toward financial stability. With the support of a solid Bloom resume and the ongoing partnership of Towards Employment’s career coaching and employment services.
Bloom Bakery is seeking to raise $30,000 to help 10 bakers get ready to bloom! For each baker, this funding will support 180 hours of training; materials to support learning how to bake a perfect loaf; a Bloom uniform; culinary certification; and baker’s toolkit.
Any amount you give provides Greater Clevelanders the chance to bloom, and all donors will receive a shout-out on Bloom’s social media platforms and a special bloom recipe card.
We hope you will consider supporting this campaign at one of the specific levels below, which come with an additional thank you as follows:
- $10: One Loaf of Bloom’s Signature Sourdough
- $25: One Loaf of Bloom’s Signature Sourdough, plus a Bloom T-Shirt
- $100: Above, plus a Bloom Apron
- $250: Above, plus a Bloom-catered lunch for your business meeting or event! Limit 10 people.
- $500: Everything from the $100 level, plus two tickets to Bloom Signature Chef Series – 3 “pick the menu” events at Bloom in April, July and October.
- $1,000: Private, After Hours Bread Baking Class for 6. Learn how to hand craft sourdough. Attendees will leave the class with a loaf of sourdough, a container of Bloom’s Betsy Barm and detailed instructions for creating their own batch of sourdough. The approximately two-hour class will include light appetizers and refreshments. Must be scheduled in advance: evenings or weekends. Prize must be redeemed/scheduled within 12 months of campaign end.
- $1,500: Bloom Birthday Party. Host a custom-catered birthday party for up to 20 people at Bloom, Public Square. All food and cake provided by Bloom, of course. Must be scheduled in advance: evenings or weekends. Prize must be redeemed/scheduled within 12 months of campaign end.
- $2,000: Brunch at Bloom. Private, deluxe brunch for you and 11 of your closest friends on a Saturday or Sunday morning at Bloom, Cleveland State University location, featuring Bloom bakers.