Break the Cycle 200 (BTC 200) uses an epic one-day 200-mile bike ride to raise awareness and funds to break the cycle of human trafficking in the U.S. and SE Asia.
This will be my second year participating in Break The Cycle 200 : Nashville. This ride is hard and at the same time rewarding. Instead of spending Saturday mornings at home with our families we spend it getting in the training miles we need to accomplish the ride. There are days that I simply don't want to spend the time on my bike and I think about not doing the 200 miles all together. But then I think about the lives we can help save, literally save and then I feel like the least I can do is ride. I can't make the problem disappear and can't save every young life, but I can help raise the funds that can. Together we can give someone their life back.
The more involved I have become in not only this event but the charities we support, the more I want to be involved. 100% of the donations received go to support the fight against human trafficking. The BTC200 Nashville committee has chosen to work with and donate 90% of the funds to Hope For Justice and the remaining 10% will go to Nepal through Lighthouse Ministries.
Hope For Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society. With locations here in Nashville, TN and around the globe. I encourage you to visit hopeforjustice.org to learn more about this amazing organization and then make a donation to help us support their efforts in rescuing, restoring and reforming.
"I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger. I broke the fangs of the wicked and snatched the victims from their teeth" (Job 29:16-17)
Let's make our miles matter!