Boys & Girls Club of Orange provides year-round high impact engagement activities during critical out-of-school-time to young people ages 6-18. The Club's daily after-school and summer programs promote priority outcomes of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and good character and citizenship, preparing Club members for bright futures.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Orange Continues Mission Through Virtual Club During COVID-19
Due to the unprecedented challenges surrounding the COVID-19 crisis, Boys & Girls Club of Orange closed its doors in conjunction with local schools and optimistically awaits welcoming kids back to the Club as soon as it is safe. Our goal is for the Club to be a reliable resource during a time of uncertainty and stress on families.
How we are keeping forward momentum:
Addressing Basic Needs
· Serving as a location for and disseminating information about local food distribution
· Assessing food insecurity and communications needs of families
· Working with community partners to identify ongoing and changing priorities
· Offering Virtual Programs for members· Contacting Club families
· Delivering activity supplies to members
Planning for the Future
· Training staff to be ready for the increased academic, social and emotional needs of members
· Retaining staff so we are ready when our kids return
· Accelerating Club safety preparedness
With each passing day, the needs of our Club become greater. The preexisting gaps in opportunity and access to quality resources continue to widen with the spread of COVID-19. Although our staff are taking every measure to maintain delivery of exceptional programming, when we re-open, we must be ready to welcome a significant shift in the needs of our community.
Thank you for being the right friends, at the right time.