In 2020, I will be taking on my next marathon challenge, Boston to Big Sur. Number 12 and 13 will be 6 days apart from each other, and I am proud to announce that I will be running for Boston Medical Center.
What I love about Boston Medical Center is that its dedicated to treating every single patient that walks through its doors. There are those much less fortunate than us and they must be cared for.
Team BMC is running Boston 2020 for the hospital’s newest endeavor, Vision 2030, which aims to make Boston the healthiest urban population in the world by 2030.
I'm honored to contribute toward this future, and hope you will join me!
Boston Medical Center stands as New England’s largest safety net hospital and a national leader in caring for the urban and working poor. Existing principally to care for any and every person who walks through its doors, BMC does so with innovative treatments—many built within its own walls—and an unwavering commitment from providers—who are leaders in their field—and a highly skilled professional staff. Striving to achieve the best possible outcome for every patient isn’t ancillary to BMC’s mission—it is BMC’s mission. With a commitment to health equity, BMC is working toward building healthier communities through national models of care and groundbreaking research, education and social service programs.
The funds raised through this year's marathon team will go toward making Vision 2030 a reality, driving key investments in the following areas, as well as other endeavors.
· Complex Chronic Disease: To define a new model of care for complex disease management that improves health outcomes and reduces avoidable health care utilization.
· Substance Use Disorders: To reverse the trend in overdose deaths and improve access to evidence-based substance use disorder treatment and harm and risk reduction services.
· Mental Health Disorders: To integrate mental health services into primary care and expand access to mental health services throughout the community.
· Housing Insecurity and Homelessness: To improve access to safe and affordable housing options and establish supportive housing interventions for individuals with complex medical and social needs.
· Other Key Social Determinants of Health: To sustainably target key social determinants of health negatively impacting health outcomes in conjunction with community partners.
Change of this magnitude is only possible when we come together, and we welcome you to join us in our pursuit. Your support is integral to the existence of programs and services our patients rely—and thrive—on, with many depending solely on philanthropic support. By donating to Team BMC you are showing your commitment to the entire city of Boston.
Thank you for supporting Boston Medical Center in its mission to provide exceptional care, without exception!