EVERYONE HAS A ROLE TO PLAY IN THE FIGHT TO BLOCK OUT CANCER!
Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among children in the U.S. Each year, more than 15,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer, and 1 out 5 of them will not survive.
CREATING NEW HOPE FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER
Children battling cancer deserve more effective therapies, improved outcomes, fewer harmful side effects, and more hope. That’s why we aim to raise $225,000 through our annual Block Out Cancer fundraising campaign, held during National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September.
Proceeds from Block Out Cancer provide much-needed support for groundbreaking research at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and help our physicians and scientists move one step closer to discovering cures that benefit children everywhere.
Every year, the support of generous donors, businesses, volunteers, and community groups pushes us forward in our goal to block out cancer and provides encouragement to patients at Mott. This widespread involvement is helping expand our personalized approach to care, increase survival rates, and enhance treatments. We hope you will join the cause.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
There are a number of ways that you can participate in our Block Out Cancer campaign:
· Make a donation to the Block Out Cancer campaign. Gifts of any size will make an impact.
Start a fundraising team
· Register, recruit teammates, and start raising money quickly.
· Host a competition that encourages your team members to share the donation link with their networks, and offer an incentive to the winners.
Spread the word
· Talk about Block Out Cancer on social media. We can provide you with a social media toolkit filled with engaging content and best practices for posting.
· Purchase and wear Block Out Cancer t-shirts.
Get your school involved
· Encourage students and faculty to make a donation
· Host a pajama or jeans day. Students who donate $1 or more can wear pajamas or jeans to school.
· Sell promotional block-shaped cards to display with participants’ names.
· Keep a spare change donation box near the school office or cafeteria.
· Enlist volunteers to collect donations at athletic events and other school activities.
MAKING AN IMPACT
No matter the size of a contribution, you can make a difference:
$25 can provide test tubes, vials, or other supplies that our physicians and scientists need to care for patients or conduct studies.
$50 can fill the gas tank of a patient’s family traveling from out of town for cancer treatment.
$75 could cover a blood test used to aid a diagnosis or monitor a patient’s progress.
$150 covers the co-pay for chemotherapy medications and targeted therapies for one patient’s treatment cycle.
$350 will fund a tissue characterization procedure, which can improve diagnosis and enable more targeted treatments.
$500 will give researchers the necessary supplies to design an analysis of cancer cell lines.
$750 supports the process used to extract a patient’s DNA and RNA for gene sequencing.
$1,125 covers the lab equipment and supplies needed for one patient’s gene analysis.
$5,000 helps support laboratory studies leading to new drug development.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING BLOCK OUT CANCER!