ABOUT THE EVENT:
The 3rd Annual Lamoille Valley Rail Trail Bike-A-Thon is a fundraiser with the goal of raising $6,000 to go towards the contruction and maintanence of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. Participants will ride their bikes on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail to raise money! It's free to participate and you can register as an individual or as a team. The event will start at the Cambridge Community Center in Jeffersonville, Vermont and offers riders 3 suggested rides of various length, the longest of which stretches to Lost Nation Brewery in Morrisville, Vermont. In the run up to the Bike-A-Thon, participants will raise money from friends, family, and local businesses who are interested in sponsoring their ride. Bikers can bike for as long or as far as they would like! The course lengths are suggestions and will serve as aid stations! Please join us, register, and help raise money for these great causes no matter how far you want to ride! Top 3 fundraisers win prizes!
OPTIONS TO PARTICIPATE:
Everyone can get involved in any or all of the three options to participate:
1. DONATE to a team or individual.
2. JOIN to help fundraise.
3. REGISTER to ride your bike!
To JOIN a Fundraising team or create your own fundraising team:
- Click JOIN at the top of this page (www.crowdrise.com/bikeathon)
- Click on JOIN A TEAM to help them fundraise or CREATE YOUR OWN TEAM and set a fundraising goal!
- Share the team's fundraising goal through your social media accounts and email contacts
To DONATE to the event or a specific team:
- Click DONATE at the top of this page (www.crowdrise.com/bikeathon)
- Select the team that you'd like to donate to, donate to general donations, or
To REGISTER to ride in the event:
- Click REGISTER at the top of this page (www.crowdrise.com/bikeathon)
- Sign up for free, and provide information about the planned length of your ride and your t-shirt size.
- Join a team to help fundraise for your event:
- All fundraisers that raise $35 get a free event t-shirt
- All fundraisers that raise $65 get a free meal and drink at the event awards party.
ABOUT THE TRAIL:
The Lamoille Valley Rail Trail is a historic treasure extending across some of Northern Vermonts most beautiful landscapes. The 93-mile Trail spans the breadth of Northern Vermont from the Connecticut River to Lake Champlain.The LVRT is a four-season, multi-purpose recreational and educational corridor. After two decades of research, planning and construction, 33 miles are now open and work to complete the remaining sections is planned to take place over the next five years.https://www.lvrt.org/faq
Where: Cambridge Community Center, Jeffersonville, VT
9:00-9:30 am - Bike Rider Check-In
- Bootlegger Bikes will be on site providing free basic bike tune ups!
9:45-1:00 pm - Ride Your Route!
12:00-2:00 pm - BBQ, food and drinks, live music!
2:00 pm - Awards
Create your online individual or team profile and promote your it via email or social media to friends, family or local businesses that may be interested in sponsoring your ride! There will be prizes for the top individual and team fundraisers! All profits will be split between these four great local, non-profit organizations: