BetterBrave partnered with PHILANTHROPIC VENTURES FOUNDATION, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, to ensure that ALL donations are fully tax-deductible.
Last year, we launched BetterBrave because we were women in the tech industry who were fed up with sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation in the workplace.
We found it inconceivable that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men will experience sexual harassment at some point in their career. And sadly, the statistics are worse depending on factors like race, sexual orientation, and immigration status.
Work should be a safe place - not a place where people should endure sexual harassment and sacrifice their dignity in exchange for their livelihood.
And that’s why we created BetterBrave. We channeled our passion (and our personal savings) into addressing this issue by empowering individuals with what to do when you experience sexual harassment.
Through our flagship programs over the past year, we've supported thousands of individuals on navigating harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Here are some highlights:
- Launched the BetterBrave Help Center to help individuals connect with the support that they need most (e.g. employment lawyers, therapists, etc.)
- Established hundreds of distribution partnerships with associations and organizations to distribute our free resources
- Created new resources to empower individuals with the right information
- Featured as a trusted resource on TIME’S UP, NBC, ABC, and more news outlets.
We're now raising $25,000 to grow our existing programs and launch a few new initiatives this upcoming year. Here are just a couple of the programs your donation will go towards:
- Create an online platform to scale our impact to millions more. It will educate individuals about their workplace rights, help them document their incidents, and escalate more serious issues to the proper investigative agencies.
- Launch BetterBrave Community. We’re forming industry support groups, hosting more Know Your Rights workshops, and creating opportunities for members of our community to get together.
There is a great need for our resources, so we will continue to raise our goal as our campaign progresses.
Donate today and share why our mission matters to you by tagging #WeAreBetterBrave on social!
Your contribution today will help more individuals get the help that they need and continue our collective fight for a safe and fair workplace. We are changing the reality of the workplace for generations to come and are thrilled to be embarking on this journey with you.
For resources, guidance, or more information, please visit betterbrave.org.
TO DONATE BY CHECK
Please make checks payable to PVF with a memo of "BetterBrave" and mail to:
1222 Preservation Park Way
Oakland, CA 94612