In November of 2019, the Sigma Chi Fraternity celebrated the newest chapter in our 164-year history when we installed the Mu Theta Chapter at Georgetown University. This chapter, led by some of our nation’s best and brightest young men, is already off to a great start and is poised to be one of the fraternity’s top chapters in North America.
During the installation banquet celebration, I happily donated $10,000 to the Sigma Chi Foundation to sponsor the chapter’s inaugural year in the Thomas Cowan Bell Chapter Challenge, an annual sponsorship providing direct support of the undergraduate chapter members through academic scholarships, leadership training and other financial benefits. That evening, I called on those present to ensure the young chapter receives a solid foundation of support.
I believe in the Bell Chapter Challenge because we have data emphasizing that our Sigma Chi Chapters who qualify for these benefits outperform our non-Bell sponsored Chapters in nearly all areas, including academic performance, campus leadership, community service, and dollars raised for philanthropic causes. This program makes a tangible impact on the brothers who see these benefits on an annual basis.
The benefits of the Bell Chapter Challenge at the $10,000 annual level are:
- 3 Additional Free Registration Slots at Krach Transformational Leaders Workshop (KTLW)·
- Additional $250 Travel Stipend to help chapter members travel to KTLW
- 1 designated slot at the Huntsman Horizons Leadership Summit for a qualified applicant— this is Sigma Chi’s premiere program and based on a competitive application process
- 2 Academic Scholarships reserved for Brothers at Georgetown ($1,000 each)· Local Chapter Leadership Retreat at no cost to the chapter
- Donor Plaque for Chapter Facility
- An exclusive invitation to attend the Bell Chapter Dinner during KTLW
Therefore, I wanted to ensure our Brothers at Georgetown will receive all of these Bell Chapter benefits in 2020.
Your support is requested to continue these enhanced benefits for the chapter in future years.
Please join me in raising a total of $50,000 to support the Chapter at Georgetown University for its first 5 years. We hope you will consider a gift of at least $1,000 per year for 5 years— but your support at any level will help advance this cause.
Thank you for your time and support of the Sigma Chi Brothers at Georgetown University!
If you have any questions or need help completing a gift, please contact Greg Morgan at the Sigma Chi Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-351-8008).
John K. Forst, Esq., GEORGE WASHINGTON 1984
Georgetown University Law Center Alumnus
Vice-Chairman, Sigma Chi Foundation Board of Governors
* Your charitable contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law through the Sigma Chi Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit charity which directly supports scholarship and leadership programs for Sigma Chi Brothers.
** Sigma Chi also offers you alternate gift options such as the acceptance of publicly traded securities, IRA transfers, and other convenient gifting options while possibly enjoying favorable tax benefits. Please let us know if you have any questions or need help completing your donation.