Love dogs? Love cats? I need your help!
I am volunteering with Humane Indiana and helping to raise money for their event - Paws in the Park! Circle your calendars - the date is Saturday, September 28th. I will be participating in their 1-mile walk that day. Friends, kids, doggies in the area - you can join me on the walk! Friends that live a bit farther - you can make a donation under my team name, "Because of Winn-Dixie." Why "Because of Winn-Dixie" you ask? Well, it is a sweet movie about a 10-year old girl rescuing a stray dog. And yes, Dave Matthews is in the movie too.If you would like to join my team, please let me know! My fundraising goal for Paws in the Park is $3600. Any donation you can make will be appreciated and benefits shelter animals at Humane Indiana. If anyone is looking to be a Vendor that day, I can help with that too.Thanks y'all! This event is very special to me as I rescued my fur baby, Maddie, from there too. In the words of Dave - "If you give, you begin to live." 🐶🐱❤️
(DJM played with puppies in Deer Creek - thank you to Humane Society for Hamilton County for posting their photo)
Humane Indiana is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to lead the community in the humane treament of all animals. Through Humane Indiana's Clinic and Adoption Center, thousands of pets find a healthy new start with forever families.
Humane Indiana servies include:
- Adoptions of homeless pets
- Discounted vaccinations for qualified pet owners
- Our shelter dogs work with to help at-risk youths.
- Pet Pantry to help pet owners and local animal controls in need.
- We work with neighboring communities to help spay/neuter and vaccinate community cats.
- We offer safety and rehabilitation for injured wildlife and strive to release them back to their environment.
- We offer a safe haven to injured wildlife and rehabilitiate to release. We also offer a a permanent to animals that are beyond rehabilitation and are unable to return and survive back in the wild.
To learn more about Humane Indiana and our services, visit www.HumaneIndiana.org.