We have an incredible opportunity and urgent deadline to purchase a house to be our new Day House.
This property will provide a safe, welcoming, homelike environment for families experiencing homelessness in Beaverton. There are countless ways that the normalcy of walking into a house at the end of a school day, workday, or day of job hunting can help keep our families’ spirits strong as they continue their journey home.
Why this house?
• This house is located on a rare LARGE lot in central Beaverton, in a residential neighborhood next to a THPRD park.
• It is within walking distance to schools, parks, library, several bus routes, and community services.
• The house is surrounded by some of the most affordable apartment complexes in Beaverton, easy for our guests when they graduate to stay connected to us.
• Moving to a central location along several public transportation routes will widen our access to the community.
• The yard is large enough for playing and learning how to grow food in raised garden beds.
We have a narrow window of opportunity. The owners of the property need to sell it by February 29th, but they would like to see the sale benefit the community.
The purchase price is below market at $300,000, so Family Promise is looking to the community to help us meet this urgent deadline by raising $100,000.
Be the promise for children in Beaverton...donate now.
We appreciate donations big and small.
#BeThePromise #FPB #FamilyPromise #Beaverton