The Carmel Rotary Club and the Carmel High School Interact Club are once again sponsoring the Community Basketball Challenge. Over the past 10 years this event has raised more than $390,000, with 100% of the net proceeds having gone to support important programs in our community. This is an excellent opportunity to raise money for the organizartion or program of your choice with minimal work for you. We handle virtually all the details. All you need to do to rasise funds is solicit pledges and/or flat donations to support your participation in the Challenge.
90% of all the funds raised are directed to your charity with the remaining 10% being designated by the Rotary and Interact Clubs for additional charitable giving.
So mark your calandars and practice those lay-ups to help a great cause. Particpation instructions are below. Please feel free to call the following number for more information 845-225-2122. Please leave a message and we will get back to you. Or contact us at www.carmelrotary.org.
WHERE AND WHEN? The Challenge will begin at 9:00 AM on February 23, 2019 in the Gymnasium at Carmel High School and continue until 12:00 Noon.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Anyone, male or female, who wants to raise funds to support a not-for-profit charity.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Each participant is given two minutes to shoot baskets (lay-ups). The total number of baskets made, times the pledge per basket, plus the total of flat donations equals the amount due from each sponsor. Example: with a pledge of 20¢ per basket and 40 completed baskets, the donation will be $8.00. OR A person can pledge a flat amount of $1.00, $2.00, $5.00 or more. (Flat amount pledges can be collected right away because the total is not dependent upon the number of baskets made.)
SO THIS IS WHAT YOU DO!
1) CREATE YOUR OWN TEAM Click on "JOIN CAMPAIGN" and create your own "TEAM PAGE" SIMPLY...... a. Sign in: if you are already registered b. Sign up: to create an account to start fundraising c. Follow instructions and create your own "TEAM PAGE" d. Start asking for donations by clicking on "Ask For Donations" Remember to enter the Organization or Program of your choice in the memo line so we can send them 90% of what you raise. e. Share your "TEAM PAGE" with everyone you know and ask them to donate to your amazing caise. 97% of the people you ask will say yes...... OR...........
2) JOIN AN EXISTING TEAM Click on "JOIN THE CAMPAIGN"