GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
Here are 7 reasons to support Barrel Bag on Giving Tuesday:
1. We keep our natural treasures litter and plastic-free by hosting virtual cleanups every month. There were 43 group and individual cleanups and 16 new member registrations in 3 months!
2. We give individuals and companies a way to have a social impact through the use of our cleanup bags that are made out of recycled plastic bottles. Since the pandemic began, we now have 7 new co-branding partnerships and counting!
3. We support and partner with other sustainable small businesses like Guppi, Grass straws, All Good, and June Shine.
4. We promote a more sustainable lifestyle by giving away sustainable products to our community together with our sustainable small business partners.
5. We create young environmental advocates through education. Our monthly newsletters, bi-weekly educational social media posts, and weekly blogs help raise awareness about the problems our world faces.
6.We support youth environmental education by donating bags to the GSA network. We also work closely with local government officials to help create a youth ambassador program within the underserved public school system.
7. We empower the youth in making a difference by offering paid internships and giving them opportunities to grow their hands-on business experience. These opportunities also allow them to be socially responsible and inspire their generation to do the same.
Who We Are:
Barrel Bag is a non-profit founded and run by youth, that works to educate outdoor enthusiasts about the negative impact that litter, particularly plastic, is having on our environment and to inspire them to take action.
What We Do:
We created the Barrel Bag, a compact sustainable cleanup bag to empower people to join our movement against plastic pollution. Our bag serves as a physical reminder to pick up after ourselves and others when we go outside to enjoy nature. We believe that once people participate in a cleanup event, no matter if it is a solo, virtual, or planned community event, they will have a stronger understanding of the problems that plastic waste is causing to our marine habitats, economic vitality, and the health of our entire food chain.
Barrel Bag is dedicated to inspiring individuals and businesses to pitch in and to delivering ongoing educational forums for promoting positive change.
This fall we launched the Barrel Bag Community Impact Campaign. A campaign to partner and support other nonprofit organizations who are focused on ocean conservation, youth environmental education and plastic policy.
Our first partner is the Green Schools Alliance, a worldwide network of schools committed to reducing their greenhouse gas emissions and accelerating the implementation of sustainable solutions.
We will use a portion of the funds raised through this campaign to provide free Barrel Bags to a Green School Alliance member school.