Do you wish there was something you could do to help strengthen our democracy and make voting easier?
Voting in California can be confusing and challenging – we want to cut through the noise and make it less intimidating for people. KCET’s Ballot Brief initiative is about making our democracy work better and giving people a better a voting experience.
With your help, KCET can deliver information to voters that goes beyond the headlines, allowing them to dig deeper with explainers and bite-sized guides on everything voters need to know before heading to the polls.
KCET’s Ballot Brief will provide voters with critical election information from a trusted source in clear, concise explainer videos, including:
· Props in a Minute – a series of straightforward, succinct explainer videos that will inform the viewer about the basics on the ballot propositions providing background on both sides, including communicating the financial supporters of both “yes” and “no” positions
· Civics in a Minute – a series that will explain some of the basics of civics in easy to understand sixty-second videos
Each video is:
· One minute
· Produced by the award-winning journalists behind KCET’s SoCal Connected
· Illustrated with fun animation
Ballot Brief is an award-winning tool for voter education:
· Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Political Journalism
· L.A. Area Emmy Award for Best Informational Series
Donate now to support KCET’s Ballot Brief program and reach more voters with these informative, fun and easy-to-use election guides.