This is a skateboarding clinic for any kids with AUTISM in the Antelope Valley or surrounding areas.Our first event in October 2013 and subsequent events in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 were so successful that everyone is talking about doing it again this spring! So here we go!
From www.askate.org ... Mission Statement: A.skate - Autism. Skating with Kids through Acceptance, Therapy, and Education Please help us make this a reality for kids with AUTISM in our community. Thank you on behalf of all the kids and families living with autism who will potentially take part in a day of skateboarding.
Requirements & The cost to put on an A.skate Clinic: A.skate is Self Funded. We depend on Sales of merchandise, Donations and Fundraisers to keep us going. It costs approximately $3500.00 Per clinic for 60 children. We don’t feel that it is right to charge families for this one day of joy. Therefore, for the last few years we have continued to fund everything on our own, using our credit cards, savings and retirement accounts.
A.skate is growing and becoming very popular in the Autism community, the want and need of A.skate is overwhelming and we hope we can continue to expose and accommodate new and returning families to our organization.Each one of our camps/events costs us around 3K. That number includes just about everything—travel, food, set-up costs, shipping boards, etc. It’s part of our charter to keep the camps free to all who attend.
* Cost of Renting the Marie Kerr Skatepark
* Liability Insurance (required by City of Palmdale)
* Parks and Rec staffing for the event (required by the City of Palmdale
* Travel expenses for A.Skate to come to Palmdale - Hotels and Transportation (car and gas)• Clinic Participation -Shipping equipment (HELMETS, PADS, BOARDS)and merchandise to every City
* Merchandise -A.skate Merchandise to replenish and sell at each Clinic -Food , We provide snacks and refreshments for all our families and Volunteers
Help Spread the Word!