Dear Friends and Family,
I just signed up for the Rock the Ridge, a 50-mile endurance challenge and environmental fundraiser set in the natural beauty of the Mohonk Preserve, a nonprofit nature preserve just 90 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley. Not only will I be training like crazy for the challenge, I’m going to leverage all that hard work to raise money to support Mohonk Preserve’s mission to preserve over 8,000 acres of the Shawangunk Mountains region, which has been described as “one of Earth’s last great places.” I’m reaching out to everyone I know to help me raise $400 for this cause. Any amount you can give will help and would be greatly appreciated!
Mohonk Preserve is home to stunning mountain ridges, forests, fields, streams, ponds, and other unique environments. Your gift today will help Mohonk Preserve to:
• keep the land open and accessible to all visitors
• provide award-winning outdoor education programs to local schools both on-land and in their classrooms
• actively monitor the changing ecology of the Shawangunks and extend a rich 120-year legacy of daily weather records and an unparalleled dataset of ongoing animal and plant records
• protect the land needed for quality natural communities and habitats, and public recreational space
• and balance opportunities for recreation in nature while managing and maintaining a network of over 75 miles of trails and historic carriage roads.
Thanks so much for your support!