Last November I stood at the finish line of the 2017 NYC Marathon; it was there that I realized there was something I had missed when creating my bucket list. I’m not sure if it was the sight of the runners pushing through their exhaustion, or the thousands of people cheering them on. What I do know, is that the moment struck me as something extremely inspiring, and as something I wanted to be a part of.
This year, I signed up for the 2018 NYC Marathon on November 4th. In order to secure a spot in the race, I signed up to raise $2500 in charity for an organization called Asphalt Green. Asphalt Green is a non-profit that is dedicated to providing physical fitness and athletic programs to youth all over New York City, who otherwise, might not be able to partake in such activities.
Having volunteered at Asphalt Green in the past, I can attest to the quality of their programs as well as their staff. Money that is donated will go towards:
• Free swim instruction to elementary students
• Organized recess for over 47,000 public schools
• Free sports leagues for middle school children from low-income neighborhoods
• Scholarships for youth to participate in competitive sports teams
• Public events that promote physical activity
Anything you can manage to donate will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!