The Animal Sanctuary has been a No Kill Shelter for more than a half-century. We envision a community that promotes turning compassion into action for companion animals by:
- Helping to keep pets in their home and out of shelters
- Adopting healthy pets into loving homes.
- Promoting the human-animal bond through outreach, education and advocacy.
- Spaying and neutering to end the suffering and overpopulation of unwanted animals.
- The humane and compassionate treatment of all animals.
In terms of our community support we also offer:
- A pre-veterinary/animal science behavior internship program with interns from across the U.S.
- Training for community pets to become therapy animals
- Low cost community veterinary clinics
- Pet food pantries for those who are facing financial challenges
- Animal care education
- Emergency funding for senior & special needs pets
- Advocacy for the humane treatment of all animals
- We also partner with the Humane Society of the U.S. when disasters hit and offer emergency placement when needed for companion animals
With your help we are hoping to raise $10,000 to help fund a program to transport, treat and return animals from rural owners and rescuers who lack access to affordable medial care for spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations and other needed medical care.
- $25 will fund flea & ear mite treatment for15 homeless cats
- $50 will und pain medication for 20 rescued dogs after spay/neuter
- $100 will fund microchips for 16 rescued animals
- $250 will fund surgical gloves needed for 55 spay & neuters
- $500 will fund Heartworm/Lyme tests for 30 dogs or Leukemia/FIV tests for 30 cats
- $1,000 will help fund vaccines for 100 dogs or 200 cats upon intake to the shelter