Alipato Project is a nonprofit teaching organization dedicated to raising awareness about domestic violence laws.
This is our second time running the Oakland Running Festival! At last year's running festival, you helped us raise $10,000, which funded some of the following accomplishments:
- Provided legal advice to help a client file and win an appeal of the California Victim Compensation Board's denial of their claim for victim compensation.
- Defended the free speech of a client by filing an anti-SLAPP motion to strike a complaint filed by their batterer.
- Published Domestic Violence Torts chapter in the American Bar Association's The Impact of Domestic Violence on Your Legal Practice.
- Collaborated with the Alameda County Bay Association to host an MCLE (Mandatory Continuing Legal Education) course on Domestic Violence Torts 101.
- and so much more! For a detailed review of our work in 2018, please read our annual report here!