2020 - 2021 Arlington Hockey Club Annual Drive
Arlington has a deep tradition in ice hockey that has provided thousands of Arlington children the opportunity to learn and play hockey over many years. Beyond providing recreational opportunities for hockey, the Arlington Hockey Club also has established very successful competitive girls- and boys-programs that have won numerous league and state Championships.
The club's success has been built on a foundation of volunteerism and genorsity of participating town residents. While this commitment to AHC's success continues today, in recent years the club has experienced diminishing enrollment and as a result reduced resources.
To help promote the club, provide expanded resources, and enrich the hockey experience offered to all members of the club, we are reaching out to the community to contribute to AHC's First Annual Fund Raising Drive. Our goal is to raise $20,000 to support several initiatives within the club, including:
- Support for expanded goalie training and incentives
- Support for coaching training and resources (including coaching aids and incentives)
- Support for player supplements (such as tryout jerseys and developmental goalie equipment)
- Additional budget for team events (including additional ice or tournament fees)
- Resources for player tuition off-sets and scholarships
- Club promotion, learn to play events, and establishment of an annual Arlington Hockey Day weekend in the future
Brent Williams Fund
In addition, contributions can be designated for the Brent Williams Fund, which provides direct support for players with financial needs and thus far has provided tuition for six players, enabling them to learn and play hockey in Arlington. This fund honors Brent Williams, who passed away from a heart attack in 2017. He was an Arlington resident, coach, and father of two sons, Fisher (14) and Ruben (11), in the AHC program (see accompanying photos of family and boys). He enjoyed nothing more than watching the boys compete and he would have been glad to make that possible for other children. To contribute to the fund, please add a note with your contribution that says "Brent Williams Fund."