I am starting this campaign to help raise money for mental illness. This is important to me because i lost a close relative. All profits go directly to Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA). ADAA is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education, practice, and research.
- Mental Health America reports that 56% of adults in the U.S. with a mental illness don’t receive treatment.
- Of the adults who were left untreated, 50% reported the inability to pay for the high costs.
- Depression among youth is on the rise from 5.9% in 2013 to 8.2% in 2018.
- 64.1% of adolescents facing major depression don’t receive treatment.
- The second leading cause of death for people ages 15 to 29 is suicide.