Imagine being nine years old, and not having anyone to call mom or dad. Imagine being in so many foster homes and schools that you can't even keep track. Now imagine that you have finally been chosen by a family to love you and keep you safe, no matter what. Since 1972, Children Awaiting Parents has united children waiting in the longest foster care with loving, forever families. We provide parent informational meetings, MAPP training, one-on-one support, and, through our Donald J. Corbett Adoption Agency, we match parents and children to ensure a loving, permanent family. These children are often older, in sibling groups, or may have special needs.
Financial support helps provide:
- resources for more local events to raise organizational visibility
- a child with a website photograph to become more visible
- registration by the county locally or nationally on an adoption website
- the child with a match to a family, national visibility on websites
- individual promotion at heart galleries, community events and adoption agency families
- a child with the selection process with a family, support services and visitation with the selected family in preparation for the placement/relocation
- the child and selected family with a complete adoption process from search and match to finalization with a forever family
Thank you for your generosity in helping to change the life of a child. For their whole life.