This is a call to service. We are responsible, caring citizens who are part of our communities, both locally and abroad. Although not a corporate-sponsored campaign, concerned employees of the Los Angeles Metro and Southern California districts are joining together to provide assistance to those we serve. The recent mudslides in Montecito and the surrounding areas require immediate attention as even more rain is expected. Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children and elderly have been displaced and/or suffered loss of life. If you are able to help, please donate what you are comfortable with giving.
Our overall goal is $12,650, which is equivalent to $550 per LAMR/SCAL station. This is enough to provide a full day of food for 63 families or provide travel, meals and shelter for 84 Red Cross disaster relief workers.* Funds will go to help the Santa Barbara division of American Red Cross, one of the FedEx partner organizations responsible for assisting mudslide victims in the area.
*What your dollar does to support Red Cross relief work:
• $5 - Provides 1 blanket
• $20 - Provides 1 of each: blanket, meal, snack and comfort kit
• $50 - Covers the cost to provide a parent with diapers, wipes and formula for an infant
• $150 - Provides travel, meals and shelter for 1 day for a Red Cross disaster relief worker
• $200 - Provides a full day of food and shelter to a family of 4
• $300 - Covers the daily cost to deploy an Emergency Response Vehicle • $1,000 - Provides food and shelter for a family of 4 for 5 days
• $1,650 - Covers the cost to deploy a Red Cross Volunteer to an operation
• $5,000 – Average cost of opening or preparing a shelter for 1 night