Together, we can scale climate-friendly buildings
The Challenge: Climate change is already costing us dearly—with devastating impacts on our health, economies, and environment. The buildings that we live and work in are responsible for 40% of climate-harming carbon emissions. With ongoing urbanization and development, building emissions are a growing threat and we have little time if we are to hold global temperature rise to 1.5°C. We have the solutions to build more sustainable buildings that are healthier for the occupants inside them, and the environments they are part of and these solutions MUST scale more quickly.
The Solution: The Verdani Institute for the Built Environment (VIBE) was founded by Verdani Partners, a leading global sustainable development firm with decades of experience in developing sustainable, climate-friendly buildings and communities. VIBE is committed to making the building sector a solution to our climate challenge, and underpinning sustainable development around the world. For this to happen, we must work together to make sustainable building practices the norm amongst professionals and developers—providing them with the tools and resources to take on more climate-friendly projects. We are working to accomplish this through four interrelated focus areas:
1. Sustainable Properties: We develop unique solutions for developers, owners, and tenants to work more effectively together optimize energy performance, conserve resources, and reduce operating costs, and celebrate leaders so their successes can be celebrated and replicated.
2. Resilience & Risk Management: We create tools and platforms to evaluate risk management and promote resilience in the built environment.
3. Education & Research: We are committed to arming today’s professionals and the next generation of climate leaders in the building sector with a powerful and common set of tools to build sustainably and resiliently
4. Collaboration: We are facilitating global collaboration around key topics that impact communities and environment, and can be solved by the built environment
Impact We are a young non-profit with bold aspirations, and every dollar donated will have an immediate and meaningful impact. Here is what your gift will help us to accomplish in the next year:
1. Invest in our organization, hiring key staff and management
2. Lay the analytical groundwork for building resilience tools in development which will provide specific measures to improve building resilience to unique regional risks.
3. Help us publish our Sustainable Real Estate textbook, a resource for educators and professionals to scale the understanding of building sustainability opportunities and help drive immediate action on climate change.
4. Launch our online course for sustainability in the built environment to bring the key lessons of the textbook into a classroom setting to empower the next generation of sustainable building leaders.
5. Help us publish our Climate Heroes Children’s book to help children to be empowered to make a difference in the world and help solve the climate crisis.
6. Launch our Sustainability Collaboration Forum to facilitate global collaboration on key sustainability topics, projects, challenges, and best practices.
By working through our vast networks in the educators, building professionals, developers, and trade groups, we plan to promote and distribute these powerful resources to educate thousands of students and professionals, inspire them that better buildings for a better climate are possible, and catalyze coordinated action among them to combat climate change—creating a thriving and more resilient planet for future generations
You can be a part of setting this in motion and, year-over-year, watch your early philanthropic investment grow.
Invest in the future, today
In this season of giving, make a gift today and be a part of a growing organization capable of scaling concrete solutions to climate change in the building sector.
We thank you for your partnership.
Learn more about our mission, projects, and team on our website: