Get your thinking cap on and join us for the Egg Drop Challenge: this year's VAA individual competition. Each contestant will create their own egg drop safety device (EDSD) and test the design with drops from specified heights to win cash prizes.
To qualify for the Egg Drop Challenge, an individual needs to submit their Pledge Form (in any amount). Forms should be turned in by the Wednesday, August 19 deadline to win prizes.
1. Building materials of EDSD can only be wood skewers, popsicle sticks, scotch tape, and rubber bands.
2. Drop surface must be a hard surface (i.e. flooring, pavement, lawn).
3. No padding can be added over landing surface (i.e. pillow, bubble wrap)
4. No parachute or drone assistance may be used.
5. Eggs must be raw chicken eggs.
6. Drop heights must be performed in the following sequential order. Drop #3 shall be repeated as required until your egg breaks.
Drop #1 - 5'-0"
Drop #2 - 10'-0"
Drop #3 (and beyond) - 20'-0"
7. Any amount of yolk out of the egg disqualifies your EDSD from advancing to the next drop.
8. BE SAFE and use common sense when performing drops. Pedestrian bridges are one common way we have seen egg drop heights achieved at 20'-0".
9. No repairs or modifications can be made to your EDSD between rounds.
10. No cheating please. Much of this is on the honor system. The Designing a Difference Team reserves the right for final say on what constitutes cheating.
Submissions are due by Wednesday, August 19. Please email results to DesigningaDifference@vaaeng.com or text Paul Antila (763-354-4235). Below is what we need from you to record and verify your results:
1. Pledge Form of any amout received.
2. Name and photo of your EDSD.
3. Video of each drop (less than 10 seconds per drop, please)
Egg Drop Champion
The entry that completes the most drops from 20'-0" will be named the 2020 Egg Drop Champion!