The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity Partner for the 2019 United Airlines NYC Half and is currently accepting new team members.
- $1250 – FREE NYC Half Race Entry
- $1000 – Guaranteed NYC Half Race Entry – runner must pay the race entry fee
- $250 – Have Own NYC Half Race Entry
To fundraise for OAR without receiving guaranteed race entry, join the team without a required fundraising minimum. The fundraising deadline is two weeks after the race (March 31, 2019).
*By agreeing to the fundraising requirement and verifying their credit card information, runners are assuming full responsibility for achieving their fundraising minimum in full, even in the case of unforeseen circumstances including injury, which may prevent them from participating in the event.
- RUN FOR AUTISM tech shirt and race singlet
- OAR finisher's medal
- Weekly training and fundraising tips
- Personalized staff support
- Race weekend team events
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today. Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
THE IMPACT YOU HELP OAR MAKE:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot stud