Hi everyone! We are Charlie and Lilah Olsen and we will be going into fourth and second grade in the fall. We are excited to enter the 2019 New England Kids' Triathlon to raise money to help kids in need! We have been working hard and having a lot of fun training for this race! The race takes place at MIT and consists of a 100 yard swim, a 3 mile bike and a 1/2 mile run. All the money we raise will go to Cradles to Crayons. This is our third year doing this race to raise money and we have raised nearly $5000 for kids in need so far!
We know we are very lucky to have a closet full of nice clothes and all the supplies we need when we go to school and we want to help other kids that don't have as much. Our family regularly volunteers at Cradles to Crayons' Boston location, sorting toys, clothes and other necessity for kids in need. We all love the work that C2C does and we are excited about raising money for them through this triathlon!
About Cradles to Crayons: Founded in 2002, Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive - at home, at school and at play. C2C supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
We will be doing a volunteer shift at Cradles to Crayons on July 6th and we would love to bring some new children's clothes as a donation when we go. During our last shift they were very low on kids clothes. If you would like to donate new kids clothes, we would be happy to bring them with us when we do our shift.
Most Needed Items:
- Boys pants size 18/20 (adult M)
- Boys Sweater/Sweatshirts size 3T, 12, and 14/16
- Boys Shirts size 12
- Girls Shirts size 2T-7/8
- New PJs size 4/15T-18/20
- Winter boots
What We Accept:
- Clothing and coats (youth sizes 0–20 and adult sizes small & medium)
- New socks, underwear, and pajamas (only accepted in new condition)
- Shoes, boots, sneakers, and sandals (infant/child sizes 0–13 and adult sizes 1–10)
- Books, especially baby board books
- Brand new arts and crafts/school supplies
- Baby supplies and bedding (up to size twin)
- Diapers, all sizes
- Baby equipment, especially strollers and car seats within five years old
- New and like-new toys (new toys are used for birthday gifts. Gently-used toys must have all pieces. We do not accept stuffed animals, ride-on toys, or plastic play structures)
- New hygiene supplies for ages 0 to 12
- New batteries