Slam Tilt Cancer is a pinball tournament to raise funds for the American Cancer Society.
When: Saturday, March 9th, 2019
What Time: Tournament begins at 1:00pm and ending at 5:00pm. Check-In is from 12:00pm-12:45pm. Award ceremony and raffle begins at at 5:15pm.
Cost: $10 to participate in the tournament ($10 participation fee gets you 7 plays, additional plays can be purchased at 5 plays for $5). No additional coin drop or PayRange needed during tournament. (Online payments are preferred. In person cash, check or credit card is acceptable, change will be limited.)
Who: All level of pinball players (players who have never plunged before and World Champions are all welcome). This is a family friendly event. (Vertically challenged pinballers are asked to bring their own stools.) Guests are welcome, if not participating in pinball tournament there is no fee to attend event.
How To Register: Sign up here by "Joining the Team" or in person and donate $10 or more. ($10 participation fee gets you 10 plays, additional plays can be purchased at 5 plays for $5.)
12:00pm-12:45pm Registration Check-In
1:00pm-5:00pm Tournament Running
5:15pm-6:00pm Award Ceremony & Raffle Drawing
How Tournament Will Run:
A $10 donation gets you participation in the tournament. The original $10 donation gets you 7 plays, additional plays can be purchased for a $5 donation per 5 additional play. The player with the most points at the end of the tournament wins. Pinball games will be played as four player games; the player with the highest score gets 4 points, the player with the second highest score gets 3 points, the player with the third highest score gets 2 points, and the player with the lowest score gets 1 point (if a tie, players are to play one game of roshambo winner chooses order).
At the end of each game each player will have one other player initial their score sheet to confirm points earned. Players will then wait in line for their next game; the player who earned 4 points will move two games to the right, the player who earned 3 points will move one game to the right, the player who earned 2 points will move one game to the left, the player who earned 1 point will move two games to the left. If the players has played any one game more than twice they are to skip that game and move to the next game in the same direction.
All score sheets need to be turned in at 5:00pm (those currently playing can finish their game and then turn in their score sheets). Games started after 5:00pm will not count towards tournament play. The player with the most points at the end of the tournament wins.
Code of Conduct: This is a casual family friendly event. Please be respectful of each other, of the venue, and of the games. Please keep langue PG and be kind to the machines.
Specific Rules: Extra balls are to be plunged and after that no further action can be taken to control the ball. Unless a major malfunction, play through – this is pinball, sometimes the ball will get stuck. If there are not four player to a game after waiting 5 minutes, player may move one more game in the same direction after their last game (continue this until you are in a 4 player group without waiting additional time). If you have questions or need assistance, please see a judge.
WPPRs: Sorry, this is not an International Flipper Pinball Association event so WPPRs are not available - but it will be lots of fun!
How Fundraiser Will Run:
The player with the most funds raised at 5:00pm will win the fundraising portion of this event. Fundraising dollar are raised by pinball tournament entries, raffle tickets purchased, luminarias purchased, and general donations online and in person.
Where the Money Goes:
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors 100% of the funds raised at Slam Tilt Cancer will be donated to the American Cancer Society. The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. With your help, the American Cancer Society is saving lives that might otherwise be lost to cancer. We are extremely committed to our obligation to spend donor dollars wisely. See how your donations helped save lives every day. The American Cancer Society's vision is a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer. Together with your support, we are getting closer to that goal every day. Together, we are stronger than cancer.
If you are looking to do more to fight cancer please consider participating in Relay For Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, volunteer for the American Cancer Society, or donate to the American Cancer Society.
* Belles & Chimes Oakland enamel pin (value: $10.00) (6 chances to win!)
* Weekend admission tickets for two to California Extreme donated by California Extreme ($120.00 value and valid for CAX2019)
* Certificate for weekend entrance for two people to the Gibbson Conservation Center donated by Gibbson Conservation Center (value $30.00 and expires March 9, 2020)
* Four gift certificates for One Free Play of Mini Golf for Golfland USA, San Jose, Milpitas, Castro Valley or Sunnyvale donated by Golfland USA (value $54.00 and expires June 30, 2019)
* Family Four Pass (two adults and two children) for Pacific Pinball Museum donated by Pacific Pinball Museum (value $50.00 and no expiration date)
* One hour of pool for four people at The Great Entertainer donated by The Great Entertainer (value $20.00)
* One weekend admission ticket to The Golden State Pinball Festival donated by Golden State Pinball Festival ($50 value and valid for GSPF2019)
* Relay For Life swag including a water bottle, fabric grocery bag, calendar, and much more donated by the American Cancer Society (unknown value) (3 chances to win, each basket a little different)
* Four gift certificates for One Free Play of Miniature Golf or Laser Tag for Scandia, Fairfield donated by Scandia Family Fun (value $38.00 and no expiration date)
* Slam Tilt Cancer T-Shirt (value: $24.00) (available in men’s XL and women’s XL)
* Certificate towards a field rental or birthday party at SportsHouse donated by SportsHouse (value $200.00)
* Women’s Pinball Tournament on International Women’s Day Pin (tournament info) donated by Belles and Chimes Worldwide (value unknown) (5 chances to win)
* Additional raffle items coming soon.
Raffle tickets $1 each, 7 for $5, or 15 for $10. Need not be present to win (if winner not at raffle drawing winner has until 3/31/19 to arrange transfer of prize otherwise prize will be donated back to the American Cancer Society with no refund). If donating online for raffle tickets please follow up with an email letting us know and which raffle item(s) you are interested in.
Luminarias honor every life touched by cancer. You can dedicate them to a loved one lost, someone currently battling, or anyone who’s overcome it. When you attend Slam Tilt Cancer, you’ll see the luminarias decorated with names and sometimes messages to the people they’re dedicated to. At Slam Tilt Cancer you are welcome to create your own luminaria to honor your loved ones.
During American Cancer Society’s signature fundraiser Relay For Life participants share an emotional moment when each luminaria is lit in remembrance of a life touched by cancer and they take a moment of silence to remember the loved ones they’re dedicated to. If you make a $10 or more donation for your luminaria at Slam Tilt Cancer we will bring your personalized luminaria to the Relay For Lifeof your choosing across the country.
Event MC: Nick Steele
Event Organizer: Kendra Zien
Transportation: Public transportation is not available to Silvercreek Sportsplex, so we have created a carpool worksheet to ensure everyone can join our battle against cancer.