Please join me in fundraising for Cocktails for Camp 2019, an evening of cocktails, appetizers, and breathtaking New York City skyline views - all for a GREAT cause! 100% of proceeds will go toward six weeks of free summer programming at the Lower Eastside Girls Club, including field trips around the city, free healthy snacks, and one week of sleepaway camp in the Adirondacks.
Tickets are available here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/lesgc-cocktails-for-camp-2019
If you're unable to attend, and would still like to support, please see below for some ideas on giving amounts:
- $10 - Your donation supports Girls Club members healthy nutrition during the summer! We prepare healthy, plant-based snacks and lunches for over 100 girls during our 6 week summer program.
- $25 - Your donation supports Girls Club field trips! During the summer, we take girls on numerous field trips during the summer to experience New York City's rich cultural offerings.
- $50 - Your donation supports our music-making by our Avenue DJs and citizen journalist girls in the LESGC Sound Studio! Our SoundCamp gives girls the opportunity to create their own sounds on our state-of-the-art DJ equipment and sound engineering software, develop their own podcasts (WGRL: Where Girl Radio Lives) and write and produce new music for our in-house record label.
- $100 - Your donation supports fashion design by Girls Club up and coming designers! Girls participate in Couture Camp and learn to design, sew and create their very own clothing and accessories!
- $250 - Your donation supports Maker Girls! As part of Environmental Engineering Camp members create their own engineering and coding projects with a focus on environmental justice.
- $500 - Your donation supports Art and Activism! Our high school program, GALA (Girls as Activists, Leaders and Advocates), creates an art project based on their research on environmental justice
The Lower Eastside Girls Club connects girls and young women to healthy and successful futures. Our state-of-the-art center offers a safe haven with programs in the arts, sciences, leadership, entrepreneurship, and wellness for middle and high school girls.