It is that time of year again... Bob's Beer Run! The annual Bob's Beer Run event is a cancer fundraising event.
The event is free to join, the only requirements for signing up are that you donate what you can to the American Cancer Society through this site, contact me with your t-shirt size, and come ready to have some fun raising money for cancer research on June 29th.
For those of you that are new to the event, I started this event several years ago when my Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma. I wasn't sure what to do and how to make a different until I had an idea for this fundraiser. While the event is called "Bob's Beer Run" because my Dad's name is Bob, I know that I am not the only one that has been affected by cancer. This event is for all of those that have been affected by cancer. It is a time to rally together to make a difference, celebrate those that have survived, and honor those that we have lost. Bob has been cancer free for a couple years now and I couldn't be more proud of this fight. Like the last few years, he and the rest of my family will be at the event this year!
Like I mentioned, it is a free event to join. I do it this way so that all the money goes to the American Cancer Society.
How it works:
- Donate to the American Cancer Society through this website.
- Contact me with your shirt size.
- Get your "Bob's Beer Run" outfit ready. The theme this year is... Beach!
- Come ready to run or bike to the breweries in town for a good cause. The route will be New Belgium, Horse and Dragon, Odell, Prost, and end at Steakout.
- Saturday June 29th @10:45am
- Please meet at New Belgium at the tables by the front grass. There you will get your "race packet" with your t-shirt, race number, sunscreen, any other run goodies I can get to put in there.
- The event will start around 11am. I will give the traditional "welcome speech" and then we will all go into New Belgium to grab our first beer of the day. Please remember that you will need to pay for your own beers. Some breweries cover our beers or give us discounts and others do not. I will be sure to let you know the case at each brewery.
- The course this year is: New Belgium to Horse and Dragon on to Odell Brewing then to Prost in Old Town and then the tradition end at Steakout.
Let’s have some fun, raise money for cancer, and make some memories. Be good to each other and wear sunscreen.